Zoom Whitening Kallangur, North Lakes, Mango Hills: Procedure and Costs
Zoom Whitening is performed in dental chair. Where comparatively higher concentration bleaching gel is carefully used in safe environment and under trained eyes and process is sped up by using heat and specific light source. Zoom Whitening procedure time is 60-90 minutes depending on individual requirements.
With the in office procedure you get brighter and whiter shade in short time. Our zoom teeth whitening procedure ensures brighter smiles for our clients. Zoom whitening treatment is a well known name in dental industry, your dream white smile can be achieved in an hour in our dental office!
At Kallangur Dental Surgery, your smile is our highest priority. From keeping your pearly whites healthy to making sure that they are dazzling, we are here to create optimum oral health for you.
What Is Zoom Whitening?
Zoom Whitening is a bleaching process widely used throughout the country and around the world to lighten discoloration of enamel and dentin.
Tooth discoloration may result from drinking coffee, tea, cola and red wine; or from smoking. The aging process also can stain and darken your teeth.
The Zoom in-office tooth whitening procedure uses the Zoom Advanced Power Chairside Lamp – said to accelerate the bleaching process – to activate the 25 percent hydrogen peroxide whitening. As the hydrogen peroxide is broken down, oxygen enters the enamel and dentin to bleach the stained substances, leaving the structure of the tooth unchanged.
The bleaching gel used in the process is dentist recomended and safe to remove stains that can’t be removed by regular teeth whitening or ove rthe counter whitening kits. The Zoom whitening result is a healthy smile with a long lasting glow.
What Stains The Teeth?
Your teeth can become discolored by stains on the surface or by changes inside the tooth. There are three main types of tooth discoloration:
- Extrinsic — This occurs when the outer layer of the tooth (the enamel) is stained. Coffee, wine, cola or other drinks or foods can stain teeth. Smoking also causes extrinsic stains.
- Intrinsic — This is when the inner structure of the tooth (the dentin) darkens or gets a yellow tint. You can get this type of discoloration if:
- You had too much exposure to fluoride during early childhood.
- Your mother used tetracycline antibiotics during the second half of pregnancy.
- You used tetracycline antibiotics when you were 8 years old or younger.
- You had trauma that affected a tooth when you were a young child. A fall, for example, may damage the developing permanent tooth.
- You had trauma in a permanent tooth, and internal bleeding discolored the tooth.
- You were born with a rare condition called dentinogenesis imperfecta. This causes gray, amber or purple discolorations.
- Age-related — This is a combination of extrinsic and intrinsic factors. Dentin naturally yellows over time. The enamel that covers the teeth gets thinner with age, which allows the dentin to show through. Foods and smoking also can stain teeth as people get older. Finally, chips or other injuries can discolor a tooth, especially when the pulp has been damaged.
Symptoms include stains on the enamel. They can range from white streaks to yellow tints or brown spots and pits. If the enamel has worn away, and dentin is showing through, you may notice a yellow tint.
No special tests are needed. A dentist or other dental professional can diagnose tooth discoloration by looking at the teeth.
Some tooth discoloration can be removed with professional cleaning. An example would be the stains caused by coffee. Many stains are permanent, however. Teeth sometimes can be whitened with a bleaching gel. In some cases, if the discoloration is severe, a crown or veneer may be required to cover it.
Brushing your teeth after every meal will help to prevent some stains. Dentists recommend that you rinse your mouth with water after having wine, coffee or other drinks or foods that can stain your teeth. Regular cleanings by a dental hygienist also will help to remove surface stains.
Intrinsic stains that are caused by damage to a nerve or blood vessel in a tooth sometimes can be prevented. You may need to have root canal treatment to remove the inner part of the tooth (the pulp) before it has a chance to decay and darken. However, teeth that have root canal treatment may darken anyway.
To prevent intrinsic stains in children, avoid too much early exposure to fluorides. Once the enamel is formed, fluoride will not discolor teeth.
Teeth Whitening Treatment
Many extrinsic stains caused by food and drink can be removed by regular professional cleanings and home care. Good home care includes brushing, flossing and rinsing after meals.
Discoloration often can be removed by applying a bleaching agent to the tooth enamel. One technique is called “power bleaching.” With this method, the dentist applies a light-activated bleaching gel. It causes the teeth to get significantly whiter in about 45 to 60 minutes. Several follow-up treatments may be needed, or take-home bleaching trays may be provided.
8 Advantages Of Zoom Whitening over other products
Below are the 8 advantages of Zoom Whitening :
- Zoom whitening removes stubborn stains on your teeth
- This treatment is up to eight shades better than any other options out there.
- You can see the initial results in just 60-90 minutes when done in-chair treatment.
- This treatment also whitens dentin of your teeth for long-lasting results.
- Improves overall confidence with a bright healthy smile
How The Zoom Whitening Procedure works:
The first and important thing to consider is to pre-test your condition for whitening. Please understand that teeth whitening involves whitening bleach and some people are not suitable for this treatment. We recommend you to check with one of our caring dentists to do a comprehensive examination to see if teeth whitening is suitable for your teeth. Once dentist has identified your suitability for whitening the teeth, Then they will take you through the whitening treatment in the chair:
Your teeth will be prepared by a well-trained caring dentist with the help of an amazing dental assistant. Your teeth would be cleaned thoroughly before the procedure. We highly encourage you to book yourself for a check-up and clean if you have not been to the dentist in the last 3-6 months. For optimum results, you should have a recent clean done on your teeth by a dentist or hygienist. If you are visiting us for the first time we have some special offer every month for health fund members and non-health fund members. talk to our team at 07 3886 0933 to learn more about our dental fees and our outstanding care while doing dental treatments.
1. Hydrogen peroxide is applied to the teeth
2. After Hydrogen peroxide application dentist will leave it to settle for 15-20 minute with a blue light focused on your teeth. The blue light comes from The Philips Zoom advanced chairside lamp.
3. This process is repeated 3-4 times until the dentist is happy with the results, We don’t want to overdo the application as excess use of such material is not suggested by dental experts. Our gentle and caring dentists would be able to determine the optimum use of the whitening material for your teeth condition.
4. It is normal to feel a little bit of sensitivity post-procedure, please don’t worry about it. if the sensitivity persists, please let our team know about it. Our caring dental team would provide you with post-treatment care instructions which come with the zoom whitening kit.
5. A take-home Zoom whitening kit with custom-fitted whitening trays as per you bite impressions would be provided after treatment for you to take home and use it.
This all includes in our price of $599 in-chair teeth whitening or so-called in-office whitening.
For Affordable teeth whitening starting from $599 which includes In-chair whitening and take-home custom made trays just for you with whitening gels. Please call our team at 07 3886 0933 in Kallangur, Petrie, Murrumba Downs, Narangba, Strathpine, North Lakes, Warner, Lillybrook, Griffin, Mango Hill, Lawnton, North Brisbane and Brisbane.
Want to know more about Teeth Whitening costs and treatment in North Brisbane at Kallangur Dental Surgery? Let’s talk today and get help from an award-winning dental practice.
Achieve your up to 8 shade whiter smile through Zoom Whitening today! Talk to your Kallangur Dental Surgery dentist to begin your teeth whitening journey just from $599
Call 3886 0933 or visit us at 1423 Anzac Ave in Kallangur and smile with us.
No-Gap* on Check-up and Clean for patients with HCF, BUPA, and MEDIBANK. Health Fund must Pay $185AUD. *Terms and Conditions Apply, Please call our caring team at 07 3886 0933 to know more.