None of us would like to lose a tooth from our mouth for good. This is usually the last resort to solve certain serious dental problems you might be facing.
When we refer to tooth extraction, it is extraction made from the absolute root. It may sound extremely painful, but modern technology has made the process simple and pain-free now.
Usually, one or more teeth are extracted to solve problems you might be facing in your jaws or infection in the tooth being extracted. It may sound scary for you to get rid of a tooth, but it gives you a lot of relief once your gums heal and the problem has been resolved.
Why Do You Need to Remove a Tooth?
Following are generally the reasons behind a tooth extraction:
- The tooth may be severely infected, damaged or cracked
- Decay or cavity in the tooth being extracted
- Other health problems that might affect the tooth
- It might be a wisdom tooth causing problems in your mouth or jaw
- Creating space in the mouth for braces treatment
- It might be a cheaper option than other modes of treatment for certain dental problems
How is a Tooth Extracted Safely from Your Mouth?
In order to make the procedure pain-free, a local anesthesia is injected in the area. That injection might just be the only pain you go through, depending on how well your dentist gives the injection.
The extraction can take 15-60 minutes, depending on the complication. After the effect of anaesthesia goes, you’ll recover within 48 hours and resort to normal eating habits and care within a week.
What Happens After Tooth Extraction?
Your dentist here at Kallangur will prescribe you how to take care of yourself after extraction. Usually, the day you go through it, you need to take rest and have cold or soft food. While the pain will barely last for a day or two, you don’t need to take extra care for more than a week.
Things You Need to Inform Your Dentist About Before the Extraction
We do not recommend antibiotics or painkillers unless it is absolutely necessary. However, there are certain things he or she needs to know about you before the procedure begins or is scheduled for:
- Any medicines you’re currently taking
- Medical history that might be closely related to your procedure or is major
- Fear or phobia of dental procedures or injections
- Any other concerns or doubts you may have in mind
Tooth Extraction at Kallangur Dental Surgery
At Kallangur Dental Surgery, we ensure that tooth extraction procedures are safe and pain-free. If you’re facing problems with your teeth, mouth or jaws, do give us a call on 3886 0933. You may even visit us at 1423 Anzac Ave, Kallangur.
No-Gap* on Check-up and Clean for patients with HCF, BUPA, and MEDIBANK. Health Fund must Pay $185AUD. *Terms and Conditions Apply, Please call our caring team at 07 3886 0933 to know more.