How to treat Gum Disease: Gum Disease Treatment in Kallangur
Let’s first understand that one of the main causes of tooth loss is periodontal disease. In layman terms, it is commonly known as gum disease or gum infection. If gum disease is neglected for too long it can lead to other serious health concerns such as heart failure, diabetes, bronchitis, and premature birth in females.
Our dental team recommends regular 6 monthly dental check-ups. These check-up appointments help in preventing any chances of periodontal disease. If you have not been to the dentist in last 2 years we highly recommend you to book a comprehensive check-up and clean appointment so that our dentist can do a thorough check-up of your mouth and advise you a treatment plan if required.
Did you know this important information about Gum Disease?
- Due to periodontal disease, the gums and bone that support the teeth get affected.
- The periodontal disease gets ignored and left untreated by most people because of unaware of the problem. The main reason is that the disease is usually painless in the early stages and people tend to ignore it.
- Our dentists have observed that the gum disease has been behind the tooth loss in most of the cases.
How do I know if I have Gum Disease? What are the Signs and Symptoms of Gum Disease?
Gum disease is symptoms may not appear until an advanced stage of the disease. However, 9 warning signs of gum disease include the following:
- You will feel Red, swollen or tender gums or other pain in your mouth
- Visible Bleeding while brushing, flossing, or eating hard food
- When your teeth look longer than before that means Gums are receding or pulling away from the teeth.
- Loose or separating teeth
- Pus between your gums and teeth
- Sores in your mouth
- Persistent bad breath even after regular brushing
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- A change in the fit of partial dentures if you wear them.
This is a sad situation that millions of people are unaware about gum disease and they don’t know they have this serious infection that can lead to tooth loss if not treated on time.
Treatment Options for Gum Disease and how to cure gum disease:
Gum diseases should be taken seriously and treated well before it creates major health concerns. At Kallangur Dental Surgery your dentist will do a comprehensive examination of your teeth and they may need to take dental x-rays. They will then clean all the plaque and tartar from your teeth and advise you on how to brush and floss your teeth well in order to keep them clean and healthy. The dentist might need to treat the roots of your teeth treated to get rid of any possibility of germs.
You can help yourself by cleaning your teeth well, flossing daily and not smoking. If you want to stay away from gum disease please make sure that you are visiting your caring dentist regularly at Kallangur Dental.
After every major treatment which required follow up, Our team follows-up with you to monitor gum health and will suggest necessary preventative majors to improve gum health. If our dental team sees no further improvement in your gum health, then you can be advised to change the treatment plan or can be referred to a specialist such as a periodontist.
What do I need to do to Maintain Healthy Gums After the Treatment?
- Our dentists advise brushing twice a day and floss daily.
- Use a soft toothbrush if possible use an electric toothbrush and be sure to replace the bristles at least every 3 to 4 months.
- Try to avoid sugary foods and make a habit of eating healthy food.
- Smoking is not healthy for your overall health and it is unhealthy for gums and teeth too, so avoid smoking.
- Six monthly dental checkups are the mantra to keep your dental health in control. Our dentists do comprehensive check-ups to ensure everything is good with your oral health and your teeth and gums are disease-free.
I want to know, How does it feel during and after the Gum Treatment?
- This has been observed that mild discomfort can occur during the treatment, however with the help of sedation options we have your treatment will be relaxed and comfortable.
- You might feel mild tenderness in Gums and mild swelling for a few days post-treatment.
- You can feel sensitivity in your teeth for a week or more but this will reduce over time.
- Your gums will feel normal within a short time.
Who should need Gum Disease Treatment:
Your dentist will examine your teeth and may need to take x-rays. Our Dental team will probably clean all the plaque and tartar from your teeth and advise you on how to clean your teeth well at home. You may also need the roots of your teeth treated to get rid of the germs.
Prevention of gum disease starts with regular checkups and clean at an interval of 3-6 months. Our dentists will let you know the time frame as per your individual dental health situation. Don’t let your confidence or smile suffer from the consequences of gum disease, loose teeth or missing teeth. Book a comprehensive examination today with one of our amazing dentists to check if you are suffering from any Gum Disease.