Treatment for Dental Abscess:
A tooth abscess or dental abscess develops when there is an infection around the root of the tooth and pus builds up. If you think you might have an abscessed tooth, you should seek help of our caring and highly skilled dentists as promptly as possible for treatment. If a tooth abscess is left untreated, it can lead to a serious infection in the jaw bone, teeth and surrounding tissues. Talk to our caring team at 07 3886 0933.
Symptoms of an Abscessed Tooth or Gums
- You can experience a severe toothache
- You might feel pain when chewing
- You might have red, swollen gums or face
- You can feel a bad taste in your mouth
- You can get fever or have a feeling of illness
- Your teeth might be sensitive to hot or cold food and drink
- Your glands in the neck can be swollen.
- In some cases a swollen upper or lower jaw, which suggests a serious infection
Treatment for Dental Abscesses
Practising good dental care can reduce your risk of a tooth abscess. This includes:
- brushing your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste
- using floss or an interdental brush (a small brush for cleaning between your teeth) daily
- avoiding having too much sugary food and drinks, and limiting them to mealtimes where possible
- visiting your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleaning
The possible dental treatments for dental abscesses include draining the abscess, antibiotic therapy, root canal therapy, and tooth extraction. However, Root canal therapy, extraction, and periodontal surgery are major procedures that may be recommended for severe infection. A consultation with dentist will help in choosing the right treatment option for individual case. Talk to our team at 07 3886 0933
Emergency Dentist in Kallangur For Advanced Treatment for Dental Abscesses
A tooth abscess is treated to cure the infection and prevent complications, and to save the tooth if possible. If the case is beyond our hands we may refer you to an endodontist, a dentist who specialises in tooth roots.
Let’s understand that the treatment of a tooth abscess depends on the seriousness of patient’s dental health condition. dental abscess treatments include:
- antibiotics to fight the infection — usually only if the infection is widespread or severe
- Dentist might have to make a small cut to drain the abscess
- Dentist might have to perform a root canal treatment, which involves cleaning out the abscess and other material from the root of the tooth, and then filling and sealing it
- The last option sometimes is tooth removal (extraction), which only happens if you have a severe infection or your tooth can’t be saved. However our first priority is always to save the tooth.
Generally, this has been observed that early treatment can cure the infection and save the tooth.
Kallangur Dental Surgery is a trusted family dental clinic in Kallangur comprised of highly skilled dental team and we use the latest digital technologies to treat our patients with care and passion.
Guaranteed Same Day Dental Emergency Appointment in Kallangur
If you’re suffering from acute pain and require immediate treatment, call our Kallangur clinic for an emergency appointment. Don’t put off seeing the dentist if you are facing even a mild toothache. If untreated, the condition can escalate and may cause further nerve damage, abscesses, and spreading of the infection into the body.
We are a family friendly dentist serving patients of all ages in Kallangur, Warner, Murrumba Downs, North Lakes, Petrie, Strathpine, Griffin, Mango Hill, Lawnton and surrounding areas in Brisbane northside.
Call us for immediate attention during business hours on 3886 0933 or complete our online appointment request form.
- Book dental appointment in case of Children’s dental emergencies
- Talk to our caring team to help you relieve from Toothache or Dental Pain
- Want to know more about Lost filling, dental crown or inlay/onlay
- Suffering from Dental abscess? talk to our team and get help.
- Knocked out tooth !! we can help you.
- Do you feel you migh have Soft tissue injuries in the mouth? we are just a call away to help you examine your dental health situation.
Emergency Dentist in Kallangur Contact Information
Monday:- 8:00am - 7:00pm
Tuesday:- 8:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday:- 8:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday:- 8:00am - 7:00pm
Friday:- 8:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday:- 8:00am - 3:00pm
Learn how to deal with dental emergencies in Kallangur:
No-Gap* on Check-up and Clean for patients with HCF, BUPA, and MEDIBANK. Health Fund must Pay $185AUD. *Terms and Conditions Apply, Please call our caring team at 07 3886 0933 to know more.